Calling all fun gals and fun guys to Yachats Oregon. The 18th annual Village Mushroom Fest is fast approaching! Yachats has a temperate rainforest that provides an astonishing variety of fungi and mushrooms. The annual festival showcases wild forest mushrooms through different activities, so you can get to know all the FUN things about mushrooms!
This year on October 20th through the 22nd, you will experience:
- Wild forest mushroom cuisine.
- Culinary markets.
- Cooking demonstrations.
- Wine and beer tastings.
- Guided walks.
- Workshops and wild mushrooms displays.
- And much more!
You will have a fantastic time learning about the role of fungi in forest ecology, how to identify mushrooms, harvest sustainably, and growing your culinary mushroom skills.
The Adobe Resort is excited to be apart of this annual tradition. Not only are we close to town so you can experience everything the festival has to offer but we will be featuring our own amazing mushroom cuisines at our resort restaurant. Everything will be prepared fresh with a fun twist on mushrooms.
Enjoy our mouthwatering menu:
- Breakfast: Portobello, Asparagus, and Smoked Gouda Quiche
- Lunch: Sauteed Crepe Noodles with Wild Mushrooms and a Brandy Cream Sauce
- Appetizers: Chanterelle Mushroom and Goat Cheese Filled Pastry Puff and Forest Mushroom Teriyaki Kabobs
- Dinner: Oyster Mushroom Oyster Rockefeller Served with Basmati Rice, Mushroom Braised Baby Back Ribs, served with Horseradish Mustard Mash Potatoes
Join us this October to indulge in some fabulous culinary meals, arts and crafts, specialty retail items, and live music. The festival is perfect for all ages, so bring the entire family. The Adobe Resort can accommodate your whole family and more. Located on the ocean shore and close to town your mushroom fest vacation will be one to remember. This is a popular event so call us, 541-547-3141, today to reserve your stay!